Sometimes I like to get a little personal. Okay, not too personal. For years I have shared bits and pieces of my life online. My tastes have evolved & how personal I get has been limited but every once and awhile it’s fun to share a little bit more about me and my life.
10. It is pretty much a guarantee that I will cry at the opening of any sporting event, especially when there is an MC getting the crowd involved. If it’s gymnastics & an NBC shout out to the Fierce Five or Mag Seven it’s full on tears. Start playing the song Home and my mind immediately goes to the 2012 London Olympics & Aly Raisman’s last tumbling pass with even more tears.
9. I have more or less been blogging since 1998. It started as an “online diary” and moved over to Xanga. Eventually I started blogging on my own domain. Over the years I’ve had a number of different blogs (some public, some private), but I’m working on bringing them all together here. Ultimately my goal is to have all of them archived. Granted, I probably will hide the seventh grade drama from 1998.
8. In my high school yearbook I was voted most obnoxious laugh. That still stands today & I’m also pretty loud. I have no volume control & often times have no filter.
7. The very first website I made in 1998 was called World Famous Gymnasts. I kept it up and running until sometime around 2004. I still have all of the files and way too many backups on my computer. Maybe some day I’ll resurrect that website.
6. One of my favorite things to do is take pictures. As long as I can remember I’ve always had a camera in my hands. My grandfather was a hobby photographer and I love to take out his old gear for a test shot or two.
5. When I was in high school, my best friend convinced me to join the cross country team. I was one of the worst runners and fought through ankle injuries for 3 years. I went on to throw shot put, discus, hammer & weight in college. After one year of throwing my ankles were still struggling so I retired with the assumption I would never do sports competitively again.
4. In 2013/2014 my work held a fitness competition to who could lose the most body fat in a 4 month period of time. My best friend and I went head to head and she beat me. During the fitness competition I remembered what it was like to run for fun. Now I’m addicted to the runner’s high & am constantly looking for new races to enter. Somehow I pulled off losing 40lbs in about 14 months while becoming a runner again.
3. Knitting is my sanity. I used to knit a pair of socks a month (at least). When little man was born it became harder to knit. I still love to knit but it has taken a back seat. I often find myself sneaking in a few rows here and there. Some day I’ll finish another pair of socks.
2. I have a caffeine problem. It is not really a secret to say that I do not believe in too much coffee. While the Peppermint Mocha is my favorite drink, I refuse to start drinking Peppermint Mocha’s until Black Friday.
1. At the end of the day, I love to have fun. I feed off of energy from other people & couldn’t get through most days without my best friends.
What is something that most people don’t know about you?