As 2015 wraps up, I can’t pinpoint just one favorite thing from this year. If Oprah can make a list of her favorite things from 2015, why can’t I? I’ve got a lot of favorite things that I discovered this year from memories to purchases to new books. 2015 has been a good one.
15 Favorite Books/Series
This year I jumped back into reading. Originally I started with a goal of 52 books and finished somewhere around 82, maybe 83 we’ll see how this week plays out. I discovered a ton of new authors and have so many more books I want to read in the next year! In no particular order, my favorite books (or series of books) from 2015.
- Thunder Road – Book Two Comes Out Soon! I can’t wait.
- Stephanie Plum – Yea, it is safe to say this was the top of my list this year!
- Pepper Jones – Running, drama, romance… yes, please!
- Cadence: Secrets of Wings – My sister-in-law wrote a book and I think everyone should read it!
- Meb For Mortals – This was not a book that necessarily told a story, but it was a wonderful book that I think all runners should read.
- Ritter University – Easy read and a few cheesy romance novels. This series caught my eye earlier this year and I can’t wait to see what ones come up next from it!
- Ice Series – I read the whole series pretty quickly, I loved the storyline and the fact that there are two more series associated with it.
- Paper Towns – This one had my mind rattled for awhile and I am still trying to process the whole book. Favorite or not it was a wonderful book.
- StarGirl – I wound up gifting this book to a few pre-teen girls this year over Christmas. I loved the lessons learned from StarGirl and I think its great to share with others.
- Astronaut Wives Club – Also my favorite TV Show of the summer if you are a nerd at all like me definitely check out Astronaut Wives Club!
- Rules of Seduction – A new girl lost in LA, meets the star of a hit TV series. Cheesy and perfect for a weekend read.
- It’s Not About Perfect – Most gymnastics books I read about a gymnasts career spend more time focusing on the negative than the positive Shannon Miller’s book was a wonderful combination of her entire career. All gymnastics fans need to read this ASAP.
- 4:09:43 Boston 2013 Through The Eyes of The Runners – An incredibly interesting perspective on the Boston Marathon bombings from those who were running it.
- Upstairs At the White House – The history of American Presidents as told by a White House employee. He outlines the good days, the bad days and the “normal” days in the White House.
- Little Women – Does it count if I’ve read it before? I re-read Little Women this year and went through all of the emotions with the Marsh girls all over again.
15 Favorite Moments/Memories
It was hard to pull JUST 15 of my favorite memories from this year. 2015 has been such a fun year and watching Little Man grow up and try new things has made it even more fun.
- Fourth of July – My favorite holiday of the year, this year was no exception.
- Short Vacation in France – There is never enough time to catch up, but we always pick up right where we left off.
- Three Days in Vegas – Adults only, lots of memories, non-stop fun. The only thing missing was sleep.
- Christmas With a Toddler – It doesn’t get any better than this.
- Glass City Half Marathon – Hands down my favorite race this year and one that I’m incredibly proud to have finished.
- Buddy Guy In Concert – Date night with my husband and a blues legend in concert.
- Notre Dame vs. Navy Football Game – My first Notre Dame game and we were sitting on the field.
- Warrior Dash – A test of skill, strength and energy. So much fun!
- Friday Night Lights – We never made it through a full football game this year, but spending time watching what we could of them was a lot of fun.
- Jersey Boys and Sushi – I finally got to share one of my favorite musicals with my husband. Then we ate some pretty awesome sushi!
- Trying Something New – Last year I joined a volleyball team and had a blast. Not only did I realize I’m terrible at volleyball but I had a lot of fun and plan on doing it again.
- Cookie Day – Baking, running around, sugar highs and Christmas cookies all rolled up into one day.
- Halloween Weekend – I think Little Man got the hang of the Trick or Treating thing.
- Easter Weekend – Church, Easter Eggs, Food, Happy Little Man.
- Summer – It is hard to pinpoint just one part of summer that I loved. We had so many wonderful Summer memories.
15 Favorite New Finds This Year
From TV shows to random internet finds I’ve done a good job finding some fun this year. Most of these are completely random and make no sense but they are a few of my favorite things from 2015.
- Erin Condren Planner For Next Year – My year started this week, I’m so excited for the fresh and clean planner!
- Candy Corn Leggings & Christmas Light Leggings – Can you really go wrong?
- Under Armor Fleece Lined Hoodies – Somehow I now own four of them, oops!
- Jackery Mini Portable Charger – It was a Christmas present from my mom to my husband this year and we use it all of the time.
- Roden + Fields Umblemish – Finally, a face wash that works.
- Stitch Fix – Someone picks out your clothes for you? Sold!
- S’Mores Oreos – Two of my favorite things in one cookie, yup it was a winner.
- Fabletics – A monthly subscription to workout clothes. Must have for all runners and yoga lovers.
- Pomegranate Seeds – How did I miss these before? One of my favorite snacks.
- I can’t keep calm, I’m two – Whoever made this shirt is a genius. Don’t worry I found it for a three-year-old too.
- Kindle – I got a new Kindle at the end of last year and it was one of the best purchases, so were the books I bought with it.
- Thug Life shirts – I have yet to purchase one, but I can’t decide which one is my favorite.
- Madam Secretary – Okay, technically this was end of 2014, but I still love every minute of this show. Even if they did leave us hanging for almost a month.
- Infusion Water Bottle – Fresh fruit and water got me through this summer.
- Chocolate Donut Kcups – Seriously, the best kcups (second only to Gingerbread) that you will have.
15 Favorite New To Me Blogs This Year
I discovered a lot of new blogs this year. Some are food related, some are lifestyle and some are simply just a mommy blog. I highly recommend checking all of these ladies out.
- My Healthyish Life
- In It 4 The Long Run
- Life In Leggings
- Simply Clarke
- Two Martinis
- Pretty Little Grub
- Sunny With a Chance of Sprinkles
- The Blissful Balance
- A Cup of Kellen
- It Starts With Coffee
- An Uncomplicated Life
- Casual Claire
- Emilie Eats
- Simply Taralynn
What are some of your favorite things from 2015?